These brownies are a complete delight!
I have to share the recipe because they always impress.
They’re ooey & gooey.
& the caramel makes them chewy.
I highly recommend making & sharing with others. It works well for a small wine night gathering with friends. They’re great for picnics in the summer. Or even bringing to work & sharing with co-workers- easier to coerce others to help you when you have a plate of these bad boys around.
It’s not an original recipe, but it’s too good not to share.
Ooey gooey salted caramel brownies
Makes a 9 x 13 pan
- 4 oz. high-quality unsweetened chocolate
- 12 Tbsp. butter
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. kosher salt plus ¼ tsp. to sprinkle over batter
- 1 cup (7 oz.) Werther’s Original Chewy Caramels, cut into small pieces (or other soft caramels)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line a 9 x 13–inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a microwave-proof bowl, melt the chocolate and butter together. Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir slowly to combine.
3. Stir in the sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and stir. Then add the flour and ½ tsp. salt; stir until combined.
4. Fold in the caramel pieces.
5. Pour the batter into the pan and spread with knife to level it. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ tsp. salt over the surface.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
7. Let cool on the counter overnight. Cut into squares.
*when transporting use wax paper between brownie layers to prevent them from sticking together.
Recipe from by Gale Gand in Chicago Magazine