It’s Friday, lighten up & enjoy this easy-throw it together-pop it in the oven-&-impress your friends spinach artichoke dip.
I try to be an inclusive person, but I really can’t stand mayo in my dip. I want it out. Because when I dip, I dip hard & I’d rather not worry about eating a cup of mayo.
So, I created this creamy, thick, warm & filling lighter version of Spinach Artichoke dip. It is the stick to your bones & not your hips good.
Line up your artichoke hearts delicately & then chop them up.
Notice the rustic appeal of the cut of my artichokes & spinach.
Final product. Dipping hard.
lightened up Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 can white cannellini beans
- 1 can of artichoke hearts
- 5 oz spinach
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 3/4 - 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3-1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Drain & rinse beans. In a food processor blend beans & 1 tbsp olive oil until smooth.
- Drain artichokes. Chop like a mad man. I chose to go a more rustic chunk like size.
- Chop up fresh spinach.
- In large mixing bowl combine Greek yogurt & beans. You can add 3/4 to a cup of Greek yogurt depending on how thick you would like the dip. More yogurt- thinner.
- Fold in artichokes, spinach and garlic.
- Sprinkle in Parmesan cheese. Combine & add salt/pepper to taste.
- Transfer dip to a baking dish. I used a 10 1/2 inch pie dish that worked nicely.
- Cut up butter into small pieces and add to panko bread crumbs. Heat in microwave for about 30 seconds until butter is melted. Mix up & sprinkle on top of dip.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Served it with sour dough bread & apple slices.